Go Big or Go Home with our Loaded Steak Nachos. They are quick, easy and versatile allowing you to choose what you like most with your nachos. The only thing that is mandatory is the BEEF!
For the Marinade:
- 24 ounces E3 Strip Steak
- 3 limes, juiced
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil plus ⅛ cup of red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp salt and pepper each, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 1½ tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp oregano, 2 TBSP chopped parsley, 2 handfuls of cilantro ( about 4 TBSP chopped cilantro)
For the Nachos:
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 3 or 4 tomatoes diced
- blue and yellow corn tortillas
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 cup each of pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese
- 1 can of refried beans
- Optional Toppings: our favorite salsa and sour cream
- Combine of the marinade ingredients (except the steak of course) in a large blender or food processor. Blend until combined. Place the steak in a large ziploc bag and pour the marinade in the bag. Gently turn and rub the steak around the marinade until the steak is evenly coated on all sides:) Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook your onions and bell pepper in 2 TBSP of olive oil over medium to high heat for 5-7 minutes until nice and tender and slightly charred on the ends. Set aside.
- Heat an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan or skillet. Add 1 TBSP of olive oil to the skillet or grill pan and grill the steak at 350 for 5 minutes on each side (longer depending on the thickness of your steak) Remove steak from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut against the grain into small thin strips that are then cut in half (about 1½ inch wide)
- Arrange tortilla chips on a cookie sheet or ovenproof dish/platter. Sprinkle with ½ the cheese, then dab with re-fried beans, sauteed onions and peppers, diced tomatoes, avocado slices, salsa and then the steak. Top it with the remaining cheese and a squeeze of the lime juice. Place in the oven until the cheese melts. Serve immediately with salsa and sour cream.