Try our quick and easy Paleo and gluten-free recipe for a rich and flavorful chunky meat sauce. The Parmesan rind adds a nice nutty texture and with our E3 All-Natural Ground Beef you don’t have to worry about where your beef is coming from! This recipe calls for ingredients you probably already have on hand in your pantry and takes 30 minutes to throw together. With that said, the longer it simmers the better so make it ahead of time and let simmer all day!
- 1 lb. E3 ground beef
- 1 large 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 12 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP of olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 whole Rind From One Wedge Parmesan
Seasonings:1 tsp salt and pepper each, 2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 1/2 tsp thyme, 2 bay leaf, 1 TBSP sugar, 2 TBSP chopped Fresh Parsley, 2 TBSP chopped basil
- Saute the onions, peppers, and garlic in 2 TBSP of olive oil over medium to high heat until translucent. Drizzle the other 1 TBSP of olive oil over the quartered roma tomatoes and place on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven at 400 for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside until cool then roughly chop them.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until totally browned. Remove meat from pot with a slotted spoon and put into a bowl. Set aside.
- To the pot with the veggies add in the crushed, diced and chopped roma tomatoes, red wine vinegar and seasonings. Pour in 1/2-3/4 cup of water or more depending on how thick you want the sauce to be. Add the Parmesan rind and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the browned meat and you are ready to go! Top with extra chopped parsley.
- Note: If you want to cook the sauce all day (which I highly suggest) just place it on low for 4-6 hours in a large pot and add in the browned meat about an hour before you are ready to serve.